Tuesday, October 17, 2006

5 years

A lot of times when we go for an interview, the interviewer will ask a typical question: "How do you see yourself five years from now."

How about marriage? Nobody asks about marriage... But 5 years ago did you imagine yourself how you are now?

I never imagined myself to be a father... But now I am.

I never imagined myself to have a waist line of 33 inches... But now I have.

I never thought I could love my wife more than I was loving her... But I can.

As we sat in the restaurant celebrating out 5th Wedding Anniversary, I recalled the day I took her hand and walked down the aisle to say our vow. It seems like yesterday... I still remember decorating our own house, getting all excited over everything...

If I can go back in time and live these 5 years again, I would change one thing and one thing only... I would buy the flat from another more quiet location, everything else will remain the same.

I love my wife... Wouldn't change anything else, especially her.

5th anniversary is also known as "Wood" anniversary, I tried to convince her to play along, to have our theme base on wood, buy presents that has something to do with wood.

I thought for a long time... searched through the web, but couldn't find anything suitable, so in the end I got creative... I made a small photo album and pasted photos of our courtship to our latest family photo with the children. I made everything from the paper pattern to the little flower.

I wrote notes of thoughts next to the photos, drew some cartoons here and there... felt like a teenager again... ha ha...

My wife bought me a bottle of Mont Blanc aftershave. Love it.

Looking forward to the next one.

10 comments:

Shannon said...

That is so sweet.... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY... Many many more '5 years' to come.... :)

Anonymous said...

so sweeetttt! Happy Anniversary. But u quiet good la cos can have 33 inch waist only...my hubby is like 30 b4 marriage now 36 edi!

Mumsgather said...

What a thoughtful gift. Congratulations of your 5th year milestone.

blurblur said...

Happy 5th Anniversary! Such a loving gift!

Anonymous said...

Wow,you're so sweet to your wife. Hey, 5 yrs already but you still pay patient to her, i wonder what my hubby will do for me, i foresee is nothing.

domesticgoddess said...

happy 5th anniversary! 知道为什么叫木婚吗?据说是代表婚姻已經硬化起來了... = marriage is stronger.
this year is our copper anniversary, wanna guess how many years? heeheehee...

Ricket said...

To all: Thank you thank you... Cpopper? I think its 7 years right?

Anonymous said...

So creative of you. Happy 5th Anniversary :)

domesticgoddess said...

bingo!

seefei said...

poignant post!

can we see more of your photo in the lovely album? ;-)