Friday, November 20, 2009

3rd in Class

I don't think I've ever got top 10 in my class when I was in primary school... even for the kind of standard 30 years ago. Now, they have raised the standard of primary 1 to an astonishing level which I was kind of worried for the kids.

The first time I saw those text books and its content, I knew I would not be able to do it 30 years ago...

But I'm proud of what Isabel has achieved, being the top 3 in her class.

She scored:

English = 91 (Band 1)
Chinese = 96 (Band 1)
Math = 87 (Band 1)

Her school has an Annual prize presentation day to honor and award those that has achieved well academically. She was there to receive her trophy and a certificate of commendation.

I know I've pushed her hard before her exam with lots of past year papers printed out from the Internet, given her more attention to the point of neglecting the younger ones. But this is the payout... Somehow this trophy meant more to me than it does to her.

2 comments:

Aces Family said...

Hi Ricket,

I shared your joy and big CONGRATS to Isabel for being 3rd in class, it's a remarkable achievement, esp this is her 1st exam attempt.

Yes, you are so right about the trophy..: )

cheers,
astee

LZmommy said...

Congrats Isabel! :) She deserved it after all the hard work.