Wednesday, June 24, 2009

End of Holiday...

"Isabel?"

"Yes Daddy?"

"I want you to write me a composition of what you've done this holiday."

"What? The whole holiday? But I can't remember what I've done!"

"Well, then you better start thinking, because I'm sure your school teacher will ask you to write something like this when school starts next week"

"...*grumble*... *grumble*..."

Although 30 days of holiday seems like a long time, but it passes with a blink of an eye. Sad thing is, we didn't take enough time off to spend it with them. We did what we could... stayed in a chalet for a weekend, brought them to watch movie...

Other than with us, their god-parents brought them out too... to those giant "Hamster Cage" and to Botanical Garden where they can work out their energy.

But still, I wished I had done more for them, holidays should be made used the best of it. I wasn't prepared for it... work and financially... I've seen parents either brought their children oversea for sight seeing or have prepared for them a series of enhancement classes to participate. I've only given them worksheets and spellings... something is still missing...

I guess its my full attention for them.

.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

its tough for kids to recap what they did the whole holiday. maybe next time, you can get them to do it every day. I get my girls to write whenever we did something special and posted it on their blog. :)

Ricket said...

That's very interesting, maybe I can create another blog for her. That may inspire her to be creative in her writing.

Aces Family said...

It's never easy to plan time-table for school holiday children, especially for working parents. It requires too much enery & time.

I believe the girls had a great June holiday.

(ps: btw, saw your family at New York, New york last friday evening..hee : P)

cheers,
astee

Ricket said...

Really?

Wow... You make me feel like a celebraty. Ha ha ah... Where were you seated? or just walking by?