Monday, November 10, 2008

Graduation Concert

Everyday for the past weeks, I have been listening to Isabel sing and rehearse the lines for the concert. Ally, who may be only 3 years old, but has heard the lines so often that she too knows it by heart without ever once looking at the script.



Mommy who missed the last year's concert due to her being in New Zealand, prepared Isabel for this big day.

I was very excited too, I charged all the camera batteries, cleared all the memory cards to ensure they have enough space for photos later, I bought 3 new tapes for the video camera, juiced up the battery and backup battery, dug out my tripod stand for better stability. NO way am I going to miss a single moment of it.


We were quick to spot Isabel standing in the front row waiting to receive the cert from the Principle.




Next she did her opening lines... She was obviously very nervous and spoke a little soft, but I kept smiling at her and gave her a thumbs-up to encourage her when she looked my way.



This year her dance sequence may not be as good as last year, but she did it just as well.


Dancing has always been one of her stronger field, where she has shown much potential in it. She was relaxed and very natural, did all her steps without hic-cups.



Again... I am bias... I still think she is the prettiest little dancer on the whole stage.



Below the stage, her supporters shouted her name, tried to follow her dance movement. In fact, Isabel has taught Ally to do those dances and the 2 of them have been practicing together all these weeks.



Grand Finale, all the children of SKMCC did a song item together with all their teachers. It was a touching moment which received thunderous applause from the parents.



Isabel the big sister is always looked up by the younger kids.

She has done very well for the concert and I'm so proud of her.

.

4 comments:

blurblur said...

I can feel your pride!! :) And her make up, looks like it's done by a pro! :)

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

Congrats on Isabel's graduation!!!

Major milestone for her!

Rachel said...

I can feel your pride!

She must be very good to be selected for the opening speech! Well Done!

Mockingbird said...

Isabel is the prettiest dancer on stage indeed :)