Monday, March 31, 2008

Cough... Cough...

I can't believe it, but I've been to the clinic twice myself, twice for Ally and once for Isabel... We've been coughing and like an old engine for the last 3-4 weeks.

Ally is in a better condition than me, she doesn't seems to be bothered by the cough in the day time, whereas I cough until my eyes were ready to pop out.

But in the night, our coughs get worst. Ally can cough non-stop till she vomits, I'll cough non-stop till 2-3am, then had a few winks of sleep before coughing again at 5-6am.

Many people have introduced their "Secret formula" of cough medicine, guaranteed to cure me within 3 doses. Some asked me to drink a tea boiled with ginseng head with a dash of salt, some said to drink a can of warm coke with a tablespoon of salt mixed into it. One said drinking star fruit juice with a pinch of salt will do the trick (I'll try this). A client of mine says drinking warm bird's nest soup would stop the cough. I'm not that rich to be drinking bird's nest soup as medicine.

But I noticed that most of it "formulas" involve salt... maybe I'll just gargle salt water or just drink salt water...

But don't worry, I think I'm getting better.

2 comments:

LZmommy said...

Ally cough till she vomit? That's very bad... Hope all of you will recover fast...

I have never heard of these secret remedies. Perhaps I should keep these in mind.

Rachel said...

Guess it something to do with the bad weather! My boy is sick too and I'm going down too...

Hope all of u recovers soon..

Heard the starfruit remedy b4, maybe I should try it myself, but I really don't fancy starfruit.